Thursday, February 25, 2010

Now I Know

my ABC's. Here's my FINISHED freebie of the recent Blackbird Designs piece. I started it Friday night and then stitched all afternoon Saturday, while watching the Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch marathon in memory of Captain Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie. In between, of course, I checked out the Nationwide Race at Fontana, CA, but Danica Patrick was driving around in the back of the pack, so I was only partly paying attention.
Love the thread colors in this piece (WDW Red Rocks and Terra Cotta) and I worked it on a scrap of 32 ct. Lakeside Vintage Buttercream (at least that's my guess). While I was stitching it, I thought I'd perhaps use it to make a needle case with some repro fabric, but when I went to THE ROOM to look at the fabric possibilities, I came across a Primitive Traditions frame that fit the piece perfectly. So the decision was made!

1 comment:

woolwoman said...

Oh Karen - I have been dying to see this piece stitched AND framed no less - it is darling. I printed off the chart but haven't taken a stitch yet - actually haven't done much stitching lately. Enjoy it ! Mel